It's the start of the school holidays - yeah!!
We visited Camera Obscura for the first time this year.
Camera Obscuras became popular in the Victorian time. A single lens and mirror in a revolving turret above a darkened room projects a picture of the surrounding area. The first camera on this site was opened in 1887, though burned down within the same year. The present Great Union Camera Obscura located on Douglas Head was opened in the 1890s and is one of only a few open in the British Isles. The camera started out with 12 lenses for viewing the surrounding area, but was reduced to 11 lenses in order to better filter visitors through.